The holidays are here!
Impress your family this Thanksgiving, try this healthy spin on potatoes:
Maple-Roasted Sweet Potatoes
12 servings, about 1/2 cup each | Active Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
- 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces (about 8 cups)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Arrange sweet potatoes in an even layer in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish. Combine maple syrup, butter, lemon juice, salt and pepper in small bowl. Pour the mixture over the sweet potatoes; toss to coat.
- Cover and bake the sweet potatoes for 15 minutes. Uncover, stir and cook, stirring every 15 minutes, until tender and starting to brown, 45 to 50 minutes more.
Nutrition per serving : 96 Calories; 2 g Fat; 1 g Sat; 0 g Mono; 5 mg Cholesterol; 19 g Carbohydrates; 1 g Protein; 2 g Fiber; 118 mg Sodium; 189 mg Potassium
Tips & Notes
- Make Ahead Tip: Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day. Just before serving, reheat at 350°F until hot, about 15 minutes.