Choose Sometimes, Never or Usually to answer the following questions:
- Consider nutrition when making food choices?
- Avoid skipping meals?
- Eat a variety of foods?
- Eat 3 or more whole grains daily?
- Eat at least 2 cups of vegetables daily?
- Eat at least 1 cup of fruit daily?
- Consume at least 2 cups of low fat milk or yogurt, or 2 oz cheese daily?
- Choose lean protein (chicken, fish, tofu?)
- Drink plenty of water?
- Go easy on higher-fat foods?
- Eat sweets after every meal?
Usually = 2 points; Sometimes = 1 point; Never = 0 points. If you scored…
- 18 or more points….Healthful eating seems to be your fitness habit already. Still, look for ways to stick to a healthful eating plan — and to make a “good thing” even better.
- 11 to 17 points….You’re on track. A few easy changes could help you make your overall eating plan healthier.
- 5 to 10 points.…Sometimes you eat smart — but not often enough to be your healthiest.
- 0 to 4 points.…For your good health, you’re wise to rethink your overall eating style.